• The 972 Flail Chopper has a cutting width of 6 ft for good productivity
• Adjustable discharge spout
• Gauge wheels are very easy to change
• Tractor hookup is fast and easy
WELDED MAINFRAME IS 40 PERCENT THICKER AND OFFERS HIGHER STRUCTURAL RESISTANCE
The mainframe is welded instead of bolted:
• The welded design offers higher structural resistance.
• For longer life, the hood is 40 percent thicker than the hood used on discontinued 16A Flail Chopper.
GAUGE WHEELS ARE VERY EASY TO CHANGE
• The rear axle is made of 102x102-mm (4x4-in.) steel. This axle has two hitch supports:
• The left-hand support is used to attach the wagon during operation, while the right-hand support is used to hook the wagon during transport when it is necessary to have it in line with the chopper and the tractor.
• Two wheels with 5.90x15 4 PR tires are included as standard equipment.
• Changing the wheels and tires is a very simple operation.
• The square axle of the chopper has jackstand supports that help when changing the tires.
• With the chopper hooked up to the tractor, the jackstand can be placed on either support, left or right, as required.
DOUBLE-EDGED ROTOR KNIVES CAN BE REVERSED TO INCREASE LIFE
The rotor design has two rows of knives that allow a uniform cut of the forage:
• The rotor speed is 1366 rpm
• The cutting width is 1.8 m (6 ft)
The cutting height can be adjusted to obtain a minimum of 64 mm (2.5 in.) or a maximum of 184 mm (7.25 in.) with a lever or an optional hydraulic cylinder.
The mounting system of the knives allows them to swing back when they hit stones or other obstacles and to automatically return to their normal position without interrupting the chopping operation.
The rotor has 42 heat-treated knives. They are double edged so they can be reversed, increasing their longevity.
TRACTOR HOOKUP IS FAST AND EASY
The hitch is Category 2, with hitch plates attached by bolts and bushings. The tongue is made of 3-in. x 5-in. PTR for higher strength.
The tongue can be adjusted from the tractor seat.
A screw-type jack makes hitching up the 972 Flail Chopper fast and easy.
CUTTING WIDTH OF 1.8 M (6 FT) FOR GOOD PRODUCTIVITY
With its 1.8-m (6-ft) cutting width, the 972 Flail Chopper handles a variety of jobs:
• Makes excellent grass silage
• Shreds and spreads corn and cotton stalks
• Chops light brush
• Makes silage of beet tops
• Clips pastures
Lower initial costs and simple, rugged construction make the 972 easy to buy and maintain.