The S690 is capable of handling all header sizes up to 45 feet in width. The S690 has many built-in performance, safety, service, and reliability features to make harvesting easier in an extra large crop.
• Flexible cab options
• High-performance S-Series cleaning system reduces slope sensitivity
• ProDrive™ propulsion system automatically shifts between two speed ranges as ground conditions change
• 400-bu (14,100-L) S-Series grain tank
Active Concave Isolation (ACI) increases threshing capacity
ACI increases throughput in tough threshing small grains and rice without sacrificing overall grain savings. This system allows producers to continue to harvest outside the optimal harvest window and conditions. The concaves are suspended by hydraulic cylinders that increase the amount of crop that is being threshed as well as reduces the amount of rotor noise that is heard by the operator.
• In tough threshing small grains customers can see up to a 10 percent increase in machine capacity while maintaining their loss level when the combine is equipped with a Tough Crop Packages
• In tough material handling conditions the Tough Crop Packages improve the throughput of the combine up to 20 percent, to better utilize true machine performance outside the optimal harvest window and conditions, while accepting increased loss levels.
• Improved drivability and ability to handle slugs
• Enhanced durability and uptime with the elimination of sheer bolts in the system
• Increased operator comfort with the reduction of concave banging noise
Drive more productivity with Harvest Smart™ system
The Harvest Smart system is an adaptive, on-the-go control system designed to enable automatic ground speed control during harvest operation. Harvest Smart ensures the combine maintains a consistent crop load (feedrate) by automatically changing the combine ground speed to compensate for variations in crop that are not readily visible to the operator.
During the course of a long harvest day, operators are challenged to maintain the combine at peak performance due to varying crop conditions that affect the crop load entering the combine. The Harvest Smart system will adjust to changing conditions faster than an average operator, maintaining a consistent crop load into the combine. Since the Harvest Smart control system automatically keeps the machine at maximum load capacity, as set by the operator, fatigue and stress are reduced and overall harvesting productivity is increased.
• Keeps a consistent crop load in the separator (rotor) for better utilization of machine capacity
• Maintains a consistent combine loss level for reduced overall field losses
• Reduces operator fatigue and stress during long harvest days
• Maintains consistent grain quality and cleaner grain sample due to more consistent crop loads in the combine
Automatic shifting with ProDrive™ transmission
The industry-exclusive ProDrive system uses PowerShift™ transmission technology to automatically shift between two speed ranges as ground conditions and terrain change, to keep the combine harvesting at the desired ground speed. Valuable harvest time will no longer be lost shifting on hills and when exiting fields to start transporting.
• Precise control of the combine speed (when going up or down hills), without the need to continuously monitor and adjust the hydrostatic control handle
• Retains high levels of productivity through the speed ranges with shift-on-the-go technology
• Maintains ground speed when engaging four-wheel drive (4WD) (if equipped)
• Operator-selected maximum speed within each range, allowing for more precise control of the combine in delicate operations (for example, when hooking up headers)
TriStream™ rotor designed for coarse grains and easy threshing small grains
The TriStream rotor is unique to John Deere because it features a slightly tapered design in the threshing area for best in class grain quality while dramatically reducing the growling that often comes with heavy rotor loads. The TriStream rotor is recommended for producers who harvest mainly coarse grains along with easy threshing small grains.
The spiral vanes surrounding the rotor, guide the crop material through the threshing and separating area in a pull and release affect to improve performance. This John Deere S-Series Combine feature is going to generate less power consumption.
• TriStream rotor technology reduces the force required to move material through the combine by as much as 20 percent, maximizing fuel efficiency.
• The rifling grooves on the threshing elements allow the bullet-shaped rotor to move material more efficiently maximizing crop threshing performance and grain quality.
• Heavy-duty vanes on the top covers propel the crop smoothly rearward through the length of the rotor ensuring all the threshed grain is separated.