No matter the harvest conditions or the operator, the new S700 Combines automatically give you consistent grain quality in a comfortable and easy-to-operate environment.
• Combine Advisor™ package helps to set, optimize and automate main combine functions when conditions change
• Fully automated yield sensor calibration with ActiveYield™ supplies accurate data with no time spent calibrating
• Comfortable S700 cab is common with tractors and sprayers for ease of use
• Continued quality manufacturing of S-Series combines maximizes uptime and productivity
Automatic shifting with ProDrive™ transmission
The industry-exclusive ProDrive system uses PowerShift™ transmission technology to automatically shift between two speed ranges as ground conditions and terrain change to keep the combine harvesting at the desired ground speed. Valuable harvest time will no longer be lost shifting on hills and when exiting fields to start transporting.
• Precise control of the combine speed (when going up or down hills), without the need to continuously monitor and adjust the multifunction control lever
• Retains high levels of productivity through the speed ranges with shift-on-the-go technology
• Maintains ground speed when engaging four-wheel drive (4WD) (if equipped)
• Operator-selected maximum speed within each range, allowing for more precise control of the combine in delicate operations (for example, when hooking up headers)
Platform tilt increases header productivity from the combine
Platform tilt is an option that allows growers to hydraulically adjust the fore-aft pitch of front-end equipment at the touch of a button from inside the cab to adapt to changing crop and field conditions.
• Maximizes performance of header in down crop or changing field conditions to extend the harvest day by up to one hour
• Achieves customized fore-aft angle of header with 17 degrees of tilt
• Adjusts from inside the cab, on the go
TriStream™ rotor designed for coarse grains and easy-threshing small grains
The TriStream rotor is unique to John Deere because it features a slightly tapered design in the threshing area for best-in-class grain quality while dramatically reducing the growling that often comes with heavy rotor loads. The TriStream rotor is recommended for producers who harvest mainly coarse grains along with easy-threshing small grains.
The spiral vanes surrounding the rotor guide the crop material through the threshing and separating area in a pull-and-release action to improve performance. This John Deere S700 Combine feature will generate less power consumption.
• TriStream rotor technology reduces the force required to move material through the combine by as much as 20 percent, maximizing fuel efficiency.
• The rifling grooves on the threshing elements allow the bullet-shaped rotor to move material more efficiently, maximizing crop threshing performance and grain quality.
• Heavy-duty vanes on the top covers propel the crop smoothly rearward through the length of the rotor ensuring all the threshed grain is separated.
Variable-stream rotor designed for tough material handling
The industry-exclusive variable-stream rotor features a tapered design in the threshing section which improves crop flow, enhances grain quality, and reduces power consumption. The variable-stream rotor with adjustable top cover transport vanes is recommended for producers of rice and tough threshing conditions.
The variable-stream rotor smoothens crop flow during tough handling conditions to maximize throughput. Along with the tough material handling capabilities of the variable-stream rotor configuration, the straw quality and length can be improved due to the electrically adjustable top cover transport vanes.
• The longer rotor taper in the threshing area allows improved material handling by providing smoother crop flow through the combine, maximizing threshing performance and fuel efficiency.
• Electrically-adjustable transport vanes allow operators to change the vane angle from the cab for improved straw quality
Gen4 CommandCenter™ 4600 display
The Gen 4 CommandCenter 4600 display is the central information system used on all John Deere S-Series combines starting in 2018. The display allows the operator to display various important harvest and diagnostic information during harvesting and show it in a layout based on operator preferences. The Gen 4 CommandCenter 4600 display has been developed in combination with the new CommandARM™ console and the multifunction control lever to deliver outstanding ergonomics paired with best-in-class natural navigation.
• Display is easy to use due to its commonality across John Deere agriculture products
• Large area for information provided by a 25.4-cm (10-in.) screen
• Quick and easy navigation with touch functionality